Friday, January 14, 2011

Birthday Buckets




Wow. I need to get blogging more. Sometimes life is so busy, I forget to sit down and capture the moment so I can remember the little things. Right now we are potty training so things are a little crazy in our house. Anyways every year (so far) we throw my boys a joint birthday party since their birthdays are about a month apart. The party is tomorrow and is a Toy Story themed birthday. My mom picked up some Toy Story buckets after Easter last year really cheap and I have held onto them in anticipation of their party but she only got about 10. There are about 25 kids coming to the party so I picked up some neon green buckets so I had enough. (I still dont have enough though LOL) I thought I would jazz up the buckets so no kid would feel like they didnt get a "cool" bucket. I am in the midst of getting them all done and then putting cute tags on each bucket with the childs name if I have enough time.

I used 3M Post It Craft Paper for the Toy Story characters using the Toy Story Cricut Cartridge. Not only am I in love with the Toy Story Cricut Cartridge but I think I could kiss the 3M paper. It has an adhesive back so it sticks pretty easily to whatever you are adhering it to. Unfortunately for me, it wont stick very well to plastic. I tried adding adhesive to the bucket (Elmers Craft Bond Spray Adhesive) but it made a big mess. So then I tried clear contact paper I picked up at Walmart. (it comes in a huge roll for $5) It still didnt stick. (I need to find a glue that sticks to anything, I always have problems with my glue not sticking). Finally I used the Elmers Craft Bond and the contact paper (spraying a light mist onto the sticky part of the contact paper after my image was set) and it seems to be sticking. Fingers crossed. I also have 2 really cute ideas for thank you cards so I will be posting those as I make them. If I finish the name tags for the buckets I will post a pic of that too!

Hope you like what I have made!

Love Holly

PS. I will have my first giveaway soon so make sure that you are a follower. When I reach 100 followers I will have an awesome giveaway prize. Details to come soon!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Sooo Cute! TFS

http://nanasscrapspot.blogspot.com/

Court said...

How fun is this! Holly, seriously break open that Cuttlebug! I can't live without it! I just love love love it! You'll start to cuttlebug anything that you feel needs texture and it adds SO much to the project! Thank you so much for stopping by the My PInk Stamper blog and leaving us some love!

Post a Comment